METAL GEAR SOLID | SPLINTER CELL | THIEF | ASSASSIN'S CREED | HITMAN | BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY | XBOX 360 | PLAYSTATION 3 | PC

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Matsuyama: "Ready To Go Multi-platform"

Shigenobu Matsuyama, who is currently working on Metal Gear Solid: Rising, thinks his studio is ready to go multi-platform, thinks Xbox is important for Japanese publishers, and thinks the PC needs to be taken  more seriously.

When speaking to Videogamer.com Matsuyama said, "I think we're now really ready to go multi-platform at once, I mean development cycle wise. I think this will be a normal trend for Japanese studios in the future."

When asked if it was important to embrace the Xbox 360, Matsuyama replied, "I think it's very important for the future of Japanese publishing. We see publishers - Capcom have started a little bit earlier than us - and I can say most of the Japanese studios have seen the importance of going multi-platform, and our studio as well."

"What surprised me when I came to Germany were also the PC games," he said while also noting that PC games are not mainstream in Japan. He continues, "but seeing them here I thought that this PC area is also a place that we need to consider more seriously."

Kojima Productions: Xbox 'important' for Japanese devs Via VideoGamer

No comments:

Post a Comment